Has anyone run D program on Arduino?

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:07:17 UTC 2022

On Monday, 3 October 2022 at 23:00:28 UTC, mw wrote:
> If you do, can you share your experience?
>
> e.g tool chains you use.
>
> Thanks!

I've done a one-off project for a custom board, which is
essentially an Arduino plus a bunch of 74-series ICs. I was not
successful with LDC because of issues with ISRs, slices and
something else I can't remember. All or some of the issues may
have been fixed since. GDC works well, though. You can even use
the new GDC 12 branch. It segfaults on narrowing conversions, but
that was easy to work around with casts. My current toolchain is
GDC 12.2 for mingw-w64 host, binutils 2.39, avr libc 2.01, and a
tweaked version of https://github.com/WebFreak001/avrd.