Segmentation fault in DMD - how to debug?

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:25:35 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 4 October 2022 at 17:22:38 UTC, Andrey Zherikov wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 October 2022 at 15:06:04 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> Another case for a proper allocator API in the std!
>
> Is std.experimental.allocator not good enough? (I never used it
> so don't know the answer)

Well, it's "experimental", i'm personally not a fan of the
interface since i couldn't use it for my WASM needs, it could
receive a little facelift imo

https://github.com/dlang/projects/issues/87

D should lead the way with the allocator story ``std.allocator``,
D did it before all these new languages that pretend to be
"original"

"D is a general purpose language, with a built-in GC, and a set
of allocators to allow fine tuned custom allocation strategy",
i'm sold