extend pragma(msg) with writing to file

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 20:14:24 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 8 October 2022 at 19:57:35 UTC, kdevel wrote:
> What about
>
> ```
>    ~/.ssh/authorized_keys?
> ```
>
> or
>
> ```
>    ~/.profile
>    ~/.bashrc
> ```
>
> Now assume someone coaxes you to compile his code under your
> account. See the problem which does not exist if the compiler
> could only read those files?

https://xkcd.com/1958/

"Except... the program could also just write those files when you
run it. What's stopping people **now?**"

"Yeah, messing with people's home folder isn't hard."

"I guess it's just that most people aren't criminals?"

"Oh right, I always forget."

"An underappreciated component of our computer security system."