OT: system languages

a11e99z black80 at bk.ru
Tue Oct 11 14:44:35 UTC 2022

One dude says: "*The PM comes up to me and says: "Here's metal
for you on RS-485. Make a utility for its configuration and
settings in 3 days.*". Well, I chose a Rust... And after 2 months
they fire me. Then they take a guy who got everything on Delphi
in 4 hours. Everyone is happy. Well, except for me."

This *unknown* task takes for me (or I will ask for it probably):
Qt, Delphi - same 4 hours
C#+WindowsForms(that is dead already) - 1day
Dlang+ncurses(?) - 2-3 days
Rust+ncurses(?) - 2-5 days
Go+... - probably not.
Nim,Zig.. - need to learn. not this time.

And you sit and reflectioning about system languages, your place
in the world etc ...