dmd git master version

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Wed Oct 12 20:45:43 UTC 2022

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 04:31:20PM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> When you pull the remote branch in, do you specify --tags? You may not
> be acquiring all the git tags into your local repo.
[...]

Re-pulled with --tags and rebuilt.  Now dmd reports:

	DMD64 D Compiler v2.100.2

	Copyright (C) 1999-2022 by The D Language Foundation, All Rights Reserved written by Walter Bright

Now *that* sounds more like it. :-D

Thanks for the tip. (Though I must say, it strikes me as a little odd to
key the version number off git tags, which are fluid and
arbitrarily-assigned, as opposed to actual source code that reflects the
actual functionality behind a particular version number...)

What doesn't kill me makes me stranger.