Memory safe and coroutines are the focus of D.

rassoc rassoc at posteo.de
Sun Oct 16 23:28:15 UTC 2022

On 10/17/22 00:07, Per Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Can you give elaborate or give references on the topic of using managed pointers that do ARC?

Aside from Swift, you might also want to check out Nim. They have tracing (ref) and untracing (ptr) pointers and recently made the jump to ARC/ORC by utilizing destructors and move semantic optimization which allows them to avoid certain RC downsides. But I'm clueless about what impact that had in the Nim world, I did not follow it closely.

[1] https://nim-lang.org/blog/2020/10/15/introduction-to-arc-orc-in-nim.html
[2] https://nim-lang.org/docs/destructors.html
[3] https://zevv.nl/nim-memory/