A D vs. Rust example

rassoc rassoc at posteo.de
Fri Oct 21 07:02:01 UTC 2022

On 21/10/2022 05:36, Don Allen via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> As I said in my original post, this kind of code is very common in Scheme.

Right, I walked that path before, even shiny R7RS, and I'm glad I went to speech therapy for my lisp.

> where multiple closures refer to several of them and the closures are called in multiple places

National Spaghetti Day is coming up on January 4th. ;)

In all seriousness, though, I'm not here to invalidate your experiences with Rust. While I've been using D for quite a bit now, I get to experience some pretty uncomfortable cognitive dissonance doing so. I still love it, but D often times offers a slightly less performant and reliable way to tackle a certain set of hard problems. Even if I never get to experience Rust professionally, I'm still quite happy that it set a new baseline for safe languages to come and evolve to.