Til-Lang

Cléber Zavadniak contato at cleber.solutions
Sat Oct 22 20:57:23 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 5 June 2022 at 03:34:21 UTC, Ali wrote:
> Found this today
> https://til-lang.github.io/til/
>
> I am a big fan, of the 2 language system

Me too.

> There two ways to look a the 2 language system
> First is from the Language perspective, one low level language
> to create performance sensitive tools/commands/functions, and
> another high level language that glue and pipe those parts
> together
>
> Second is from a developer perspective, one low level language
> used by senior developers to create high level tools and DSLs
> to be used by less technical systems analyst

There's a third one: REPLs and dynamic environments (like
Jupyter).

> I think if te D community, adopt Til or something like it, and
> off-load to it some of the user libraries and tools, like web,
> GUI and Database development, its can be interesting

I created Til primarily as a way of learning and it served this
purpose very well.

With that said, I'll confess I don't think in terms of "adoption"
right now. You see, **I** didn't "adopt" it, yet. :-)

I'm mostly a Python developer and I think Til could focus on
things where Python (that is becoming a kinda "dominant" language
in many fields) *sucks*. And this is challenging, haha!

> Anyway, Til seem interesting and active and was worth
> mentioning and reminding the community about

Not as active as I would like, but from time to time I implement
some new stuff.

There's a lot of things still changing, of course. I'm trying to
keep the language simple, straightforward, fast-enough and,
specially, I want the implementation to be easily understandable
by just reading the source code, taking something like half an
hour.

-----

I recently implemented a Tcl integration, so now it's possible to
create some **Tk GUIs**, and even make use of some Tcl packages
(I find the Tcl package system kinda weird, but it's old enough
to have some interesting libraries, at least).

Thanks for taking the time to talk about Til!