C++ pattern matching is coming

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:29:27 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 25 October 2022 at 11:09:38 UTC, zjh wrote:
> I think `'D'` can be the companion language of `'C++'`.
> For example, as `'C++'` implements coroutines, `'D'` does not
> need to implement it again.
> As long as `D` can interface `C++` very well, then, for users,
> When it's time to use 'D', use 'D'. When it's time to use
> 'C++', use 'C++'. Isn't it very cool?

Nope, its not cool. There are people that know D and not C++,
since everyone's background is different. Having to learn two new
languages is just waste of time, I'd rather just learn C++ and do
everything in there if it is the case.

Now, it is indeed good to have C++ interop, but being a companion
of C++, is a no go imho.

Best regards,
Alexandru.