C++ pattern matching is coming

German Diago germandiago at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:31:50 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 at 11:09:30 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 at 10:53:50 UTC, German Diago
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 at 06:28:37 UTC, Arun wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> I would like to hear your experience with Vibe.d. I would care
>> about performance scaling. I have been genuinely interested in
>> using it for years but I did not dare to jump into it. As
>> opposed to Django.
>>
>> But my intuition tells me that sooner or later Django backends
>> for small things like what I do will be a resource hog
>> compared to D? True that I can partition, do microservices,
>> etc. but that complicates things. On the positive Python side,
>> there is no compilation step and that helps a lot in many
>> situations.
>
> Have you read this?
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/reyvaleza/vibed/main/BuildWebAppsinVibe.pdf

After a quick look I do not see what I am looking for to start,
though. I am looking for the performance compared to using
Django, so requests/s, memory usage, etc. is a good place to
start. What I care about is that once I deploy something it is
faster than Django.

Of course this is going to depend on the use case and my
software... so I guess this is something I will have to try
myself.

  - Did the GC get a lot in the way?
  - It is very memory-intensive?
  - Are there good alternatives to side-step GC when using Vibe to
reasonable ways
    if that could be a resource hog?

Those are the things I would care about. If I use D it would be
to lower hosting cost basically.