C++ pattern matching is coming

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 15:29:15 UTC 2022

On Friday, 28 October 2022 at 14:49:28 UTC, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On Friday, 28 October 2022 at 14:47:27 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> On Friday, 28 October 2022 at 14:43:54 UTC, Nick Treleaven
>> wrote:
>>> Has C or C++ actually added sum types to their standards?
>>
>> It was proposed and feedback was favorable, it's only just a
>> matter of when now
>
> Do you have a link? I saw the circle compiler extension and
> feedback wasn't all favourable. Standardising something is long
> and arduous.

Here is the latest revision i could find

https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2020/p1371r3.pdf

And Bjarne Stroustrup thoughts

https://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2021/p2411r0.pdf

> Final words

> I am still of the opinion that after a general model of
> concurrency, a module version of the standard
library, and library support for coroutines, pattern matching is
the most promising addition to the
language for the (relatively) near future [P2000].