Is D really that bad?

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:22:52 UTC 2022

Well, I have like 5 years + experience in programming. What I can
say about D is that it is a really nice language. It does not
feel that experimental as some people make it feels, but I guess
there is just one point to make.

Although I had never done a project with a scope similar to
Hipreme Engine before, I must say that it was frustrating finding
compiler bugs, my other coding experiences being Javascript, Lua,
C/C++ and Java. D was the first language that I was being able to
find bugs that were not caused really by my logic, but the
compiler itself. Obviously, when comparing D to languages such as
C or Javascript, D is a lot more complex, it has many other
features that most of the languages I've just mentioned here
doesn't even have.

What I would say that D accepts many coding styles, this can
bring unexpected bugs and that is a problem that hopefully will
be solved as the time passes. I do believe that using these other
languages using bleeding edge features will always make you find
a compilation bug too.

At least I have been contributing on my own way to D's ecosystem
as my project has been started in 2019 (it had an hiatus period),
and it is still ongoing. As most people say: just use the
language. I have impressed many people at interviews and made
them interested in this language, so I believe this is a matter
of time until it becomes really stable for every coding style.