Is D really that bad?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 01:53:51 UTC 2022

On 10/28/22 13:41, Ali wrote:

 > stop being sympathetic towards D

And stop being sympathetic towards C++.

 > , yes, it could have been in a better
 > place, but it is not, it will not, it is what it is

I completely agree. D has been here for so long and it will still be
here for even longer.

 > sympathy towards D will change nothing

Symphaty towards unicorns will change nothing either.

 > Walter is a nice guy, and you wish his language did better,

Not at all. The language is just fine. Very usable... because... I use
it with ease...

 > you wish he
 > was in a better place, but nice people dont always win, it is what it is

Agreed.

 > I dont know what is it exactly about D that drive so many people to have
 > that much sympathy for it

Humans... Flies will gravitate towards the popular, but some of us will
value merit.

Ali