Why is D's GC slower than GO's?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Oct 30 14:12:39 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 30 October 2022 at 09:27:14 UTC, ISO C with Modules
wrote:
> On Sunday, 30 October 2022 at 07:45:55 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> ..
>> Why does D need to be standardized? I mean, it would be great
>> if it was, but why would it be a "non-starter" otherwise?
>
> So my arguement was for making a D like implementation of 'C
> with modules', into an ISO standard (not making D into a ISO
> standard).
>
> You ask why?
>
> Because an international standard *ensures* that 'quiet
> changes' do NOT occur.

You know what else ensures that quiet changes do NOT occur? Using
the same version of the compiler. It also prevents you from
having to choose between using compiler extensions or limiting
yourself to functionality that didn't have the consensus of the
committee. And when an updated standard comes out, which adds
modules, you don't have to decide which "standard" you're using.