Why is D's GC slower than GO's?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Oct 30 22:36:15 UTC 2022

On 10/30/2022 1:14 PM, IGotD- wrote:
> Just for completeness, the Swift developers are currently experimenting with an
> ownership model. Because this overlaps a little bit what is happening with D, I
> provide you a link.
>
> https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/main/docs/OwnershipManifesto.md
>
> This would mean that Swift would be more Rust like and this also includes
> runtime no aliasing checks. If this will make into version 7 remains to be seen.

"If a storage reference expression evaluates to a storage reference that is
implemented by a variable, then the formal access duration of that access may
not overlap the formal access duration of any other access to the same variable
unless both accesses are reads."

That's exactly like ownership/borrowing. D does it in @live functions.