Why is D's GC slower than GO's?

linger xiao at linger.me
Mon Oct 31 03:04:49 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 30 October 2022 at 05:55:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/29/2022 7:14 PM, 12345swordy wrote:
>> C++/CLI is used manually to create a gateway to the .net
>> framework from c++ and back. That and the fact the
>> implementation is windows only so that greatly hinders the
>> adoption of the language.
>
> I do understand that. But if it was a winner, why have none of
> the other C++ compilers adopted it? Why isn't in the C++
> Standard? Why isn't it in the C Standard?

1. I believe D's GC is not a problem, D always say itself is `a
systems programming language`, C#/Java/GO never say they are `a
systems programming language`, they target users who don't care
about GC.

No one will write an OS or "application on RTOS" by a GC lang.

In my option D should pointing to application developers like
GUI/Web Server.

for GUI D can easily use exist C legacy, for web server it can
improve their speed, "faster java" or "improved go".

2. Other problem for D is tools.

I tried code-d, the debugger never work for me, no rename/find
reference in LSP. Others language like Go/Rust their LSP and
vscode plugins is official maintained, but for D code-d looks
like "WebFreak001" personally work.