Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

Daniel N no at public.email
Sat Sep 10 15:24:48 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 12:02:57 UTC, Adam D Ruppe
wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 07:03:21 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
>> Personally I think anything which WAS a language feature
>> should be in object to keep the feature working out of the
>> box. Not sure why people are so afraid to use it, not often
>> you have to read object.d source, as long as it's just one
>> file, it will be blazingly fast as always.
>
> object isn't actually blazingly fast. Its growth at least
> appears to be responsible for much of the slowdown of basic
> builds compared to the older D1 era builds.

If it is slow, then it could/should be cached by some mechanism,
object.d seldom changes unless you use some advanced tricks, like
the ones in your book.

C# realised that imports actually is an issue and added global
imports.
https://endjin.com/blog/2021/09/dotnet-csharp-10-implicit-global-using-directives

I would be fine with that also, but it's easier to use what we
have already object.d.