Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sat Sep 10 16:11:31 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 14:21:02 UTC, Adam D Ruppe
wrote:

> Anyway, removing the binary literals we've had for decades
> would *hurt* D. And ignoring D's users over and over and over
> again IS going to lead to a fork.

It will lead to a fork. If the maintainers want to remove simple
literals because they think they aren't used, then this project
aim is very low. Simple literal support is write once and its
done and there forever without any maintenance at all. This also
at the same time importC is claimed to be "simple", while working
on it over a year.

I think that both octal and binary literals can be supported
because it is trivial. It doesn't matter if you think they aren't
used or not, somewhere there will someone who will absolutely
love binary or octal literals. Also I agree we can have 0o syntax
for octals and fix one blunder from C.

I don't understand, is this some kind of new ill will that
programmers are now not allowed certain literals.