Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Sep 10 17:05:23 UTC 2022

On 9/10/2022 7:21 AM, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> Have you ever stopped to ask WHY there's so little confidence in D's leadership?
>
> This whole thing started because you make the *patently false* statement in
> DConf that binary literals were *already* deprecated.

Yes, I made a mistake. There was a decision to remove it, but it just got
deferred and then overlooked.

Not making an excuse, but D has grown to the point where I can't keep it all in
my head at once. Hence at least one motivation for simplification. I've caught
Bjarne in errors with C++, too. So what.

 > Yet you presume to lecture us what what things are used and how, then make
unilateral decisions, just ignoring community experience.

There is a DIP process, and why we have a n.g. where people can discuss. A lot
of changes I felt were a good idea were dropped because of opposition on the
n.g., like dropping the initializer syntax in favor of sticking with expression
style.