Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Sep 10 17:48:15 UTC 2022

What's ironic about this discussion is the exact opposite happened with D bitfields.

After implementing it for C, I realized that we could add bitfields to D by
simply turning the existing implementation on. The code was already there, it
was already supported and debugged.

The other side preferred a template solution that didn't have quite the simple
syntax that the C solution had, whereas I thought bitfields would be used enough
to justify the simpler builtin syntax.

Another irony was that in turning it on for D, it exposed a serious bug that the
extensive tests I wrote for the C side had missed.