version as an expression?

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:04:24 UTC 2022

On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 10:39:20 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 10:26:40 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 10:02:48 UTC, Nick Treleaven
>> wrote:

>>> ```d
>>> import std.traits;
>>> alias A = Select!(isVersion("Windows"), WinType, PosixType);
>>> ```
>>
>> Sorry but i refuse to touch phobos, specially std.traits, i
>> want my compile to remain fast
>

> Weren't you copy pasting stuff that you needed? Why can't you
> do that with this as well?

My initial request was: "use version as an expression"

We are bike-shedding to a point where "just use a template from
std bro" is what people are telling me to do instead

Where will i put all the files i copy, do i have to do that for
every projects i will create

You can understand that that's not the path i wanted to take when
i created this post, i expect language improvement

Same story with the .Enum thing i proposed few months ago, if i
made it it's not to accept having to use mixing everywhere bellow
my enums bloating the global scope

I loose hope every posts