Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Mon Sep 12 17:56:42 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 18:14:38 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> Interesting that you brought up 7-segment display data, as I've
> actually written that stuff for embedded systems, and once
> again as a demonstration for the ABEL programming language.
>
> A couple things about it:
>
> 1. The visual representation of the binary doesn't have any
> correlation with how the display looks.

Dunno, I figured it out just by eyeballing it. Hex would be
opaque.

> 2. It's a one-off. Once it's written, it never changes.

Perl style programming "write once and never touch" is sad, I try
to write my code in auditable manner.
If I were to simplify D, I'd slay delimited strings, IIRC there
are dozens of them.