Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Mon Sep 12 19:11:39 UTC 2022

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 06:08:21PM +0000, Adam D Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 17:56:42 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> > If I were to simplify D, I'd slay delimited strings, IIRC there are
> > dozens of them.
>
> There's three forms. All trivial lexer features that haven't changed
> for ages and not caused bugs in any other language component. While
> some editors might not support them properly, it isn't hard to add
> then forget about it.

+1.  I thoroughly enjoy D's delimited strings; they make code-generating
code more readable. Long snippets of code in a language being generated
would be utterly horrendous if I had to manually escape every line of
it. Heredoc syntax is ideal for this sort of thing.

It only takes one twig to burn down a forest.