Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Sep 14 00:35:04 UTC 2022

>> Is it? How do you know it didn't overflow the int and create a long? How do
>> you know you filled up the int?
>
> How do you know the purpose is to fill up an int?

Ok, I'll rephrase that. How do you know when to stop?

There's a reason hex is so ubiquitous. It's compact. Binary literals beyond a
few digits (8 max) are more or less unreadable. Yes, the _ can extend it to more
digits before it becomes unreadable. (Even long hex numbers benefit from _,
again, after 8 digits.)