Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

wjoe invalid at example.com
Wed Sep 14 13:05:56 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 13 September 2022 at 20:12:10 UTC, Don Allen wrote:
> So you used 0b notation to come up with a justification for 0b
> notation :-)
>
> I do this sort of thing with an HP calculator.

No, he used binary notation because it's the best tool for the
job. He didn't even need to reach for his calculator and that's
the point.

I would also never do the bit shifting thing you showed earlier
(for that purpose). It's way too much mental friction. You need
to build in your mind what you'd see on screen with binary
literals.