Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Wed Sep 14 19:08:11 UTC 2022

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 06:44:03AM +1200, rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I was going to post a poll on people who actually use its semantics
> last night.
>
> I am pretty sure if we replaced it with a UDA there would be very
> limited breakage.

At one time I used to studiously write @property on my range
methods, because isInputRange/isForwardRange at one point required it.
But since then, somebody has changed Phobos to relax this requirement,
so nowadays I don't bother with @property anymore. Except maybe
occasionally for self-documentation purposes, but even that is falling
out of use.

I *probably* wouldn't miss @property if it was removed today (as long
as it doesn't break older code).

People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise the programs they write will be pretty weird. -- D. Knuth