Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:56:13 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 14 September 2022 at 19:34:00 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 9/12/2022 7:48 AM, jmh530 wrote:
>> I don't recall anyone mentioning the removal of
>> complex/imaginary numbers, but the issues are the same.
>
> I was surprised at the pretty much non-existent pushback on
> removing them, even though it did carry with it the loss of the
> convenient syntax for them.

I had some code that broke. It took maybe 15 minutes or a half an
hour to fix. I don't recall there being a preview switch for
that, but if not it might have been good to have one.

I agree it was a convenient syntax, but most people probably
agreed that it wasn't pulling its weight.