What features of D you would not miss?

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 13:43:01 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 15 September 2022 at 08:40:22 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> What features could be removed from D if it were up to you?
> Please consider the breakage that would result from the
> removal, don't settle on thinking what shouldn't have been
> added in the first place.

- Identifier-delimited string literals
(https://dlang.org/dips/1026)
- Typesafe variadic arguments
(https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/11124)
- `lazy`
- `alias this` inside a class
- old `alias type identifier` notation instead of `alias
identifier = type`
- `extern(C++, identifier)` (Mathias Lang did not manage to
convince Walter at DConf 2022 though)
- `__FUNCTION__` and `__PRETTY_FUNCTION__`
- `this(this)` (postblit is superseded by copy constructor,
though there are still a lot of bugs)
- Redundant `__traits` such as isFloating, isIntegral, isScalar,
isStaticArray, isUnsigned

Not 100% sure about each one, but these are my candidates