Cppfront : A new syntax for C++

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sat Sep 17 15:56:54 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 17 September 2022 at 11:08:37 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> https://github.com/hsutter/cppfront
>
> People working towards syntax improvements as well to C++ now,
> which they believe will pave the way for semantic improvements
> that break backwards compatibility with C++

When C++ compile times aren't long enough, let's make them longer.

My first question that comes to mind, why compile this to C++
when you have C which is much faster and you can do the same
thing. Essentially this is what Nim does which has full meta
programming that can be compiled to C.

C++, isn't holding up anymore and is too simple let's make C++11
Let's make C++11 modern -> C++20
C++20 has a complicated and ugly syntax, let's fix that with
CppFront.
... and it just goes on, taint it up, taint it up.

Even more funny is that this is from Herb Sutter which is one of
the biggest influencers of "modern C++".