Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 12:15:17 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 18 September 2022 at 11:00:12 UTC, Loara wrote:

> Because it seems that some people really needs binary literals
> and can't work without them although there are many higher
> level alternatives.

Yes, we need them because they have use cases where alternatives
are not justifiable. For example, we have a simple communication
protocol that defines just a handful of commands with additional
information encoded in the bits (command length, flags, etc). It
would be unreasonable to complicate the code with bit ops,
parsers, etc., which would make it *less* readable. Having to
replace the literals with `bin!...` would be tolerable, though.