What features of D you would not miss?

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Sun Sep 18 23:18:06 UTC 2022

On 19.09.22 01:01, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 September 2022 at 20:33:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Just like with cars where there is no substitute for horsepower,
>> there's no substitute for extra precision.
>
> Yes there is. Use an algorithm with better convergence properties or
> that is more numerically stable. If you have a problem with precision,
> you have other problems. You should fix the other problems first.

For my project the problem was specifically precision. I needed each
pixel to have different coordinates even on really high zoom levels into
the fractal. One nice thing about double-double was that if I centered
the image directly on a number that is representable as a double, the
maximum possible zoom level was increased massively. :)