What features of D you would not miss?

Ogi ogion.art at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 09:26:06 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 20 September 2022 at 08:47:51 UTC, max haughton wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 September 2022 at 07:44:37 UTC, Ogi wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 20 September 2022 at 07:17:12 UTC, bauss wrote:
>>> How is that different from this?
>>>
>>> ```D
>>> int a = 42;
>>> void main() {
>>>     int a = 69;
>>>     assert(a == 69);
>>> }
>>> ```
>>
>> Did you try to copy-paste and run my example? It fails.
>
> Interesting, is there a bug filed for this?

No bug here, that’s two Unicode characters that look identical in
many fonts: Greek Small Letter Mu (U+03BC) and Micro Sign
(U+00B5).

It shouldn’t come as a surprise that some characters in Unicode
look identical. But this case is more interesting because you
don’t expect the Greek mu to have a twin brother.