Is there any news about issue 5710?

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:04:25 UTC 2022

On Monday, 19 September 2022 at 16:27:21 UTC, victoroak wrote:
> From what I understand the fix was reverted but looking at the
> github discussion someone said they would take a look at how to
> do this but it passed some time after that and no news about
> this issue. I hit this issue the first day I tried D and it's
> sad to see that this is still open.

I think the issue is really that D and the standard library
should not have invested so much into using context-ful aliases
for predicates, as they're inherently limited. Functors (which
can be stateful and/or context-ful) are just better (though the D
syntax isn't as good).

https://github.com/cybershadow/ae/blob/next/utils/pred/algorithm.d