Is there any news about issue 5710?

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Wed Sep 21 15:01:28 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 21 September 2022 at 02:42:02 UTC, Tejas wrote:

> I'm sorry, what is the priming problem? Google isn't helping 😓
>
> And what are the other problems with ranges?

I came up with the term, it refers to the fact that it is not
always clear where to prime a range.

Ideally you have `empty` be const, but in a lot of cases that is
an ideal place to prime the range.

You can do it in the constructor as well, but that can come at
the cost of laziness.

---

As for other problems, there is an issue with attribute inference
in combination with type erasure, effectively making all range
interfaces (like std.range.interfaces.ForwardRange) have @system
members.

I remember people complaining about cornercases with ref ranges
as well.