Things C++ 20 Deliberately Broke

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:12:01 UTC 2022

On Monday, 26 September 2022 at 08:32:27 UTC, Siarhei Siamashka
wrote:
> On Monday, 26 September 2022 at 03:24:57 UTC, norm wrote:
>> There are two paths; Python2/3 new language
>
> https://www.techrepublic.com/article/programming-languages-why-python-4-0-will-probably-never-arrive-according-to-its-creator/
>
> Python developers discovered that people dislike compatibility

"Python developers discovered that people who WERE using Python
dislike breaking
changes"

Also:

Python developers discovered that by making important breaking
changes and overall making all the changes required to improve
the language will attract many more people that didn't like
Python previously, and gave it a new life, making it the most
popular interpreted language on the planet

The people stuck will get replaced, nobody likes to use stuck
things, wether we like it or not, it doesn't matter, at some
point we will be replaced by a new generation of humans, that's
life

Up to us to leave something for them to play with, being stuck
doesn't help!

C++20 is trying to make changes to attract new users, whether
it'll work or not is another story, i personally believe the
changes are not deep enough (still require forward declaration
for modules, wich is dumb)