Poll: do you use @property semantics?

Dom DiSc dominikus at scherkl.de
Mon Sep 26 18:50:37 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 14 September 2022 at 19:20:04 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> Recently Walter has been wanting to remove language features
> that don't need to be kept to simplify the language.
>
> So, who uses @property semantics?
>
> https://dlang.org/spec/function.html#property-functions

I do - or I would if only they would work - e.g. if x is a
property (having a getter and a setter), ++x should work, &x
should be an error etc. If it has only a getter or a setter, ++x
should not work, but provide a meaningful error message instead
of the garbage we get now.
It would be easy to fix this. Makes me really sad.