D lexer, parser, and ImportC parser are now standalone

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Apr 10 02:28:22 UTC 2023

I wanted to double check something about this, but I think that this
will only be temporary unfortunately (assuming it has been successfully
split, which we can't know because it hasn't been verified at the CI level).

Both build.d and dub will allow things to bleed through and
inter-dependency can be added accidentally.

Dub is simple, as long as its in the same directory structure, it'll be
-I'd and hence available (although it may not link).

build.d compiles the frontend (minus the lexer, common and root) in one
go. So therefore ImportC parser and the D one, can become
inter-dependent. Along with all the semantic analysis ext.

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/master/compiler/src/build.d#L1544

Not quite time to start the celebrations just yet :/