D1.5 anyone?

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 17:30:34 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 12:21:01 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> I've often see people clamoring for D3 to set things right. But
> me I want D1.5, I want to return to that simple and beautiful
> language that was designed by Walter Bright.
>
> Interestingly enough if we simple disable semantic check for
> transitive qualifiers relegating them to pure annotations to be
> used by lint tool we can get to basically where D1 was in 2007.
> Why picking on transitive qualifiers, I explain in a new blog
> post here:
> https://olshansky.me/posts/d-biggest-mistake/
>
> Thoughts? I'm going to do D1.5 for myself but wanted to know if
> anyone feels the same.
>
> ---
> Dmitry Olshansky

My solution to D const was pretty simple: Never use it :D
It makes things painfully to work with most of the time and I'm
yet to see any real advantage over using it.
My main language after D is typescript and well, for something
become const is really hard in it, so I find it pretty nice to
doesn't use. Specially in the game development thing where
mutability exists.

`pure` breaks logging in your function for debugging, `const` you
need to specify it everywhere or else your thing won't compile.
This is a great friction I get which I took the decision to just
drop those.