D1.5 anyone?

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Thu Apr 13 09:56:17 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 12:21:01 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Thoughts?

One of the point of D type system is also to bring us native
programmers to memory-safety (and purity), so I think the
aspirational part of it shouldn't be discounted.

Like how D brought us to living with the GC.

While I'm not a fan of pure, shared, and constness, I can live
with them and eventually change my mind. Over the years I'm using
more @safe and pure. pure removal was discussed in last meeting
and apparently it's still worth having it. Now if we had a
`@trustedPure` or equivalent, that would be cool.