D1.5 anyone?

WollyTheWombat WollyTheWombat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 10:35:45 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 12:21:01 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

> Thoughts? I'm going to do D1.5 for myself but wanted to know if
> anyone feels the same.

Whether forwards or backwards, someone should first write a
paper/article/whatever, exploring 'the darker side of D'.

We need a 'Markku Sakkinen' like paper (he wrote one back in the
early 90s called "The darker side of C++ revisited".

I expect some people over at Micrsoft had a good read of that
paper before setting off to create C#.

My guess is, his view has still not changed:

"..taking the weakly typed and weakly structured language C as a
base has become an irremediable handicap."