D1.5 anyone?

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:33:50 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 13:32:53 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 13:08:33 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 12:21:01 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
>> wrote:
>>> Interestingly enough if we simple disable semantic check for
>>> transitive qualifiers relegating them to pure annotations to
>>> be
>>
>> I've actually thought about making a `-betterD` switch that
>> disables most the annotations, turning them to no-ops.
>>
>> But your first sentence:
>>
>>> Make no mistake - thread-local by default is great!
>>
>> Gonna go ahead and disagree with that, the thread local by
>> default I think is a mistake now. It causes as many problems
>> as it solves.
>
> If needed we may introduce __threadlocal, what should be the
> default is a question of compatibility with current D2.

With choose, for a new keyword, something very ugly?

I don't want to write ugly code, let that to C++ and Rust

tls by default is a huge mistake, i support adam's suggestion

Please, make good and simple syntax, anything that starts with __
is ugly

The only reason i personally use ``const`` is to be able to pass
things either by reference or to avoid GC allocation

     void pass(const scope int[] a)
     pass([1,2,3])

I see code in phobos that abuse everything, then abuse workaround

     return () @trusted { return getAddressInfoImpl(node, service,
&hints); }();

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/01a12f919e624b3f7b73171ae03d4d0a91a0b87b/std/socket.d#L916-L943

OOP, bloatware, syntax-uglifier people designing stuff should be
put to jail

If D3 or D1.5 every happen, hopefully that kind of stuff
disappears, 0 compatibility with that code