D1.5 anyone?

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Apr 18 06:14:04 UTC 2023

On 18/04/2023 2:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/13/2023 5:59 PM, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
>> - Remove ``shared(T)``
>> - Add ``atomic(T)`` so that ``a++;`` works, rather than a failure mode
>> (like -preview=nosharedaccess introduces, or having to cast away shared).
>
> That looks like the way C11 does it.

Yeah that covers atomic variables, but doesn't cover any sort of
concurrency safety. In a way its very similar to our simd stuff in the
language. Although in saying that the simd stuff should be on the
deprecation path, its not needed and is a distraction to getting your
code performant.

Modern backends are just too good, you can 100% do everything you want
with just static arrays and almost certainly do it without writing a
single intrinsic. gdc/ldc can do things that clang cannot, they are amazing!

Also array ops <3