So I have resurrected this X11 library

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 13:27:48 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 2 August 2023 at 10:28:58 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> https://github.com/ZILtoid1991/x11
>
> This library had a few small issues, namely it was first
> written when AArch64 wasn't conceived, and as such platforms
> becoming more and more popular, thanks to single board
> computers and and manufacturers like Apple moving away from
> X86-64.
>
> I will do a few more tests (namely check on Windows to avoid
> including it without having the necessary things for
> compatibility), then I'm thinking on publishing it.

We have bindings on Deimos:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/libX11

If there are any applicable improvements, I think it would make
sense to upstream them there.

You may also find this demo interesting:

https://github.com/cybershadow/ae/blob/next/demo/x11/demo.d

It uses an implementation of the protocol built on top of an
asynchronous event loop, thus making use of the asynchronous
nature of the protocol. libX11 and libxcb don't allow doing that
as easily.