Forum up again!

kdevel kdevel at vogtner.de
Wed Aug 9 22:00:00 UTC 2023

On Monday, 7 August 2023 at 20:18:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/7/2023 10:28 AM, Dom DiSc wrote:
>> Anyone any idea why it was down so long?
>
> An attempt to upgrade the NNTP software to 2.7 from 2.6 caused
> the problem.

Cloning the installation and testing the upgrade was not
possible? (rhetorical question).

> Yesterday I suggested to Jan to give up on 2.7 and go back to
> 2.6, restoring the system from a snapshot.
>
> While this worked, it also meant we lost postings from the time
> of the backup to when the forum went down.

There are some postings in the forum missing. I thought the forum
has its own message store. After login the forum presented me
unsent drafts one of which I could not send because of "No
groups" (dotted red box)...