Python-like Use of the Comma Expression

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Thu Aug 10 15:47:44 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 10 August 2023 at 15:41:16 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 August 2023 at 10:41:12 UTC, Basile B. wrote:

>>> The answer is yes, though I don't think changing the
>>> precedence fits the D grammar.
>>>
>>> My DIP draft:
>>> https://github.com/tgehr/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1xxx-tg.md
>>>

>> That link is for static-foreach, right one is
>> https://github.com/tgehr/DIPs/blob/tuple-syntax/DIPs/DIP1xxx-tg.md
>
> 6 years ago, wow..
>
> Builtin tuple has been on my wishlist for a long time, time
> flies too fast..

I'm reading the DIP with fresh eyes today, after having
implemented tuples for another language. One think I see now, as
that Timon's DIP, does not investigate, is that tuple
deconstruction could use [in-situ variable
declarations](https://gitlab.com/styx-lang/styx/-/releases/v0.10.15), i.e something that's not especially made for tuples and that works as a normal primary expression.