No need for version expression is a lie

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Mon Aug 21 18:46:47 UTC 2023

On Monday, 21 August 2023 at 18:01:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/21/2023 9:26 AM, Basile B. wrote:
>>>
>>> I would not use the DEFAULTS, but would spell it out for each
>>> system. Then it looks like a table, with rows and columns,
>>> and makes it easy to see which setting is for which system.
>>
>> you have to read top down to see what DEFAULTS do.
>
> That's why I wouldn't use the DEFAULTS approach. Just make a
> table.

However that approach was used. It really looks like an
alternative to a version OrOr. There are plenty of other examples
in drutime sources.

Sure at some point there is also the problem of the unix
standards...Every distribution can choose its own value for the
flag of this func or that one...which creates complexity in C
`define`s, but should not in D. There is a problem that is not
solved.