Unused import tool

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 10:40:53 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 22 August 2023 at 01:54:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/21/2023 3:45 AM, FeepingCreature wrote:
>> To be fair, these are terrible: like half of them don't work,
>> because the variables involved have been renamed or removed
>> entirely.
>
> I run across that now and then, and fix them. It's not been a
> significant problem.

Man, you wrote the thing, it's not surprising it isn't a problem
for you! :)

If `sc` is gone, and now there's some other classes you haven't
heard of, that may be subclasses of scopes or contain various
numbers of scopes, good luck guessing. `printf` isn't just for
debugging, it's also for learning how the compiler is supposed to
do things; that gets more difficult if you have to guess which
member is the right one to pay attention to.

Idk, simplification is good, but maybe I'd just have chucked a
global `alias printf = printfNoOp;` in or something.