Serialization library candidate review request

GrimMaple grimmaple95 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 07:59:17 UTC 2023

On Monday, 28 August 2023 at 01:01:57 UTC, monkyyy wrote:
> I dont understand why your adding a uda rather then assuming
> all values are serializable.

Because on practice, you might want to leave some of the stuff
unserialized. It's generally better (IMO) to specifically mark
serializable fields. It also allows serializaing / deserializing
properties and getters / setters.

> I wouldnt make json be the base case, "dlang object notation"
> or something that spits binary into a file, or ideally both

JSON is what I use and need first-hand, therefore it's something
that I made. Binary serialization comes with added leayers of
complexity (read ordering).