Win32API: core.sys.windows: every argument name is missing.

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 06:20:33 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 30 November 2023 at 11:49:26 UTC, BoQsc wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, reviving the idea of
> [windows-d](https://github.com/rumbu13/windows-d/tree/master)
> project would allow to generate Windows Headers in a more
> automated standard way.

This is a known issue. One of the goals of ImportC is to make it
possible to import the Windows headers in a completely automated
way. We'll never be able to import all of the headers due to some
of the strangeness in them, but we should be able to get most of
them. ImportC generated DI files do include the parameter names.

Another deficiency of these files is that they are from the
Windows Vista/7 era and are missing large chunks of the modern
Windows API.

If you want to try ImportC on windows headers I'd be curious to
hear how it goes, and please file bugs!