D is our last hope

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 18:42:13 UTC 2023

On Monday, 4 December 2023 at 09:31:16 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 November 2023 at 15:19:25 UTC, DrDread wrote:
>> why don't you start giving it the attention then?
>
> I tried, but after they broke my code for the tenth time I
> relaised that I'm putting much too effor into something nobody
> gives a pig's arse about.
>
> And it's not like building tools/3rd party for D is a good idea
> anyway. Since the language can't decide what it wants to be,
> and you end up having to either overengineer your code, either
> listen to a lot of complaints how your code is unsupported in
> certain cases.

My solution was simply just sticking to what you're doing and
what you're gonna use. If the case falls out over my usage, I
simply don't implement since I don't have infinite time. If
someday we reach the level where people are willing to help make
it more compatible, then, we can accept, while that does not
happen, just focusing on our own projects should be more than
enough. I don't want to implement a feature for people which I
know that after 1 week they're just going over on other thing
anyway.